Businesses and freelancers especially those working in fashion, arts and the hospitality industries are amongst the hardest hit by the financial devastation that COVID-19 has unleashed globally. In the UK forecasting companies project that the fashion industry’s contribution to GDP could drop to £26.2 billion in 2020, down from £35 billion in 2019. In addition, revenue is expected to collapse to £88 billion 2021, from £118 billion in 2019.
UK retail sales in clothing and footwear fell by 33.6% in 2020 as lockdown took hold of the nation. The uncertainty has left business owners with little or no income and facing desperate decisions with no realistic way to forecast the future.
What can be done in the face of so much uncertainty? How do you emotionally cope with the mayhem? Well here are some tips that can support you to stay focused and take control.
Therefore, a healthy body is a healthy mind. This is vital to supporting general wellbeing. This requires taking care of the basics, that is eating nourishing foods, exercising regularly and sleeping a minimum of eight hours per night. In addition, to nurturing a healthy mind, developing a positive mindset enables a confident approach to a purposeful, happy and contented life.
7 Tips to Stay Focused During Lockdown
- Mindset: Develop a resilient and innovative mindset.
- Healthy Body, Healthy Mind: The basics are vital eating.
- Create: Humans are creative beings. Develop and produce with what you have in your hands.
- Routine: It’s very important to have a routine, whatever that means to you.
- Learn Something New: During lockdown I’m starting to develop new skills.
- Reflect and Journal: Journaling is another great way to learn, about yourself.
- Timeout: When you feel overwhelmed take time out to collect yourself.
Sign up for more tips on how to stay focused