Activities for Team Success
- Invite your team to suggest ideas: This means they will feel responsible and not just having something imposed on them. It will also give them a sense of ownership and inclusivity.
- Connect during virtual breaks: Initially arrange one tea break per week, where all the team stop for a cup of team and talk about all things not work. Then ask the team if they liked it and if the team would like to increase this to events.
- Invite your team to think about a theme each week to discuss: Make it short and sweet, such as what book or article did you read that was interesting? What did you have for dinner
- Learn to celebrate each other: Encourage the team to nominate one person to celebrate each week this can encourage positivity and increase productivity.
- Getting to know your team: Introduce a fun fact game where each team member shares a fun fact about themselves.
- Competitions: During breaks introduce a fun task. For example, ask your team to find the brightest object they can and present after the break. Additional examples include the funniest t shirt, the biggest plant in the house or the biggest mug.
- Common interests: Encourage groups with common interests or people that would like to discuss topical subjects, such as horticulture, watching films, baking, music etc.
- Team Challenge: Create a challenge where the team can vote for the best challenge, dancing challenge, pulling a funny face, the most interesting drawing or the best word for the day challenge (keep it clean).
- Virtual Workout: Discover the online workshops and training available online such as yoga and meditation and invite your team to try them out together, then discuss the health benefits at meetings.
- A fun activity: Invite your team to complete the Myers- Briggs personality indicator to discover their personality type – here
What activities do you use to support your team and stay connected? This is a starting point to co-create activities with your team.
Book a consultation with Marie to discuss how to support your team during COVID.